Common male diseases like prostatitis and adenoma, with inadequate treatment or their absence, often lead to dangerous consequences, including cancer and infertility. That is why at the first symptoms a man should consult a doctor. Only a specialist can choose an effective remedy for adenoma and prostatitis. Treatment of prostate pathologies with folk remedies is allowed only at the initial stage in a mild way, provided there are no complications. If prostatitis or adenoma is complicated, severe, or becomes chronic, effective treatment is with medication alone.
When is medical treatment of the prostate indicated?
There are different ways to treat prostate pathologies. The best treatment for prostate adenoma and various forms of prostatitis can only be selected by a doctor, taking into account the causes of the disease, the form, the severity of the disease and the age of the patient.
Before choosing the best cure for prostate adenoma, the doctor must rule out the need for surgical treatment of the pathology. Drug therapy is indicated provided that a positive response is given to all of the following points:
- excluded the possibility of prostate cancer;
- the patient has no direct indications for surgical treatment of the disease;
- no protrusion of the adenoma into the ureteral cavity;
- it is necessary to take into account the importance for the patient of maintaining sexual function and whether it is preserved at the time of treatment;
- the man does not take other medicines for other diseases (blood clotting reduction, diuretics, etc. ).
Before treating the pathology and choosing the most effective drug for prostate adenoma, the doctor should carry out the following studies:
- in ultrasonography, evaluate the volume of residual urine and the volume of the prostate;
- perform urophlometry;
- on a symptom scale, rate the severity of the symptoms that bother the patient (problems with urea emptying or urine accumulation);
- It is important to clarify the list of comorbidities (stroke, heart attack and diabetes).
Some men prefer folk remedies that are effective in the treatment of prostate adenoma, but they do not always give the desired effect. A really good natural or synthetic based medication will help you choose a doctor when a man contacts you with complaints.
In the treatment of adenoma and prostatitis, a whole range of drugs with different effects are usually used:
- If the pathology arose against the background of an infectious lesion, antibiotics are prescribed. These drugs destroy the pathogenic microorganisms that caused the disease. In prostate pathologies of infectious origin, antibacterial agents from the following groups are usually prescribed:
- Alpha-blockers are prescribed to relax the smooth muscles of the organ and make it easier to pass urine.
- Antispasmodics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs stop inflammation, reduce the tone of the perineum and organ muscles.
- Hormone therapy is performed to reduce swelling, inflammation and normalize urination.
- Herbal medicines have a complex effect (reduce inflammation and swelling, reduce pain, normalize organ function, protect against complications).